The Cindy D Team is pleased to present a list of activities, events, and venues throughout the Kansas City area. Whether you have recently moved to the area or are a longtime resident you're sure to find an event you'll enjoy.
As you plan your activities either things to do or day trips, consider being a tourist, right here in Kansas City! Our city is filled with historical and cultural sites, and there's never a shortage of things to do.
Some Of Our Favorites:
- Kansas City Home Show - Bartle Hall
- Metropolitan Lawn and Garden Show - The American Royal Center
- Kansas City Remodeling Show - The American Royal Center
- Sprint Center - Sprint Center is Kansas City's home for sports, concerts, family shows, collegiate competitions, tournaments and special events.
- Union Station - Union Station is filled with fine restaurants and unique shops. And just like in 1914, you can catch the train at Union Station's Amtrak stop.
- Kansas City Convention Center - Meeting spaces, social gatherings, weddings and galas, from fairs to trade shows, the KCCC has the space and it's a great place!
- Independence Events Center - The Independence Events Center hosts a variety of events including: concerts; trade shows; professional, collegiate and high school sporting events, and more.
- Starlight Theatre - This one-of-a-kind outdoor theatre has been a Heartland treasure since 1951. Enjoy a live Broadway musical or a concert performed on the state-of-the-art Cohen Community Stage.
- Tour Boulevard Brewing Company
- City Market Grab some food and drink there
- Crown Center enjoy some time shopping, or check out a free movie or live music
- Visit the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's Money Museum
- Tour the Hallmark Visitors Center
- Ernie Miller Nature Center - Explore, hike or bike
- Kansas City Public Library - See a variety of exhibits or settle in with a good book
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art - Enjoy all the beautiful works of art
- Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens - Stroll through
- Roasterie - Sample some coffee
- Shoal Creek Living History Museum - Check out a 19th century village
If you need more tips on attractions, restaurants, walking trails or more activities, let me know - I'd be happy to help you plan your staycation and show off some of Kansas City's best neighborhoods.