Kansas City Christmas Events
The Christmas Season is upon us - with plenty of fun & festive things to do in Kansas City. Enjoy this holiday season!!
This list is ever changing.
Let us know of any others to add to the list!
- A SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS – Musical Theater Heritage, Crown Center. Holiday show featuring a sackful of classic Christmastime songs from movies and musicals featuring KC’s best-loved local performers.
- Overland Park Luminary Walk - stroll through the candlelit walkways & gardens! You'll enjoy miles of candles, holiday lights, musical entertainment, a visit with Santa, the lighted Train and so much more! It starts the weekend of Thanksgiving - each Friday and Saturday night! It'll be a night to remember! Enjoy the luminary walk video!
- POLAR BEAR PJ PARTY – Kansas City Zoo, Sleep over with all your friends in the brand new Polar Bear Passage viewing building.
- STRAWBERRY HILL MUSEUM – 720 N. 4th., St., Kansas City, Ks. - Multi-cultural holiday celebration with a sampling of ethnic treats in the Tea Room.
- IN THE KITCHEN WITH BESS TRUMAN – Archivist Tammy Kelly offers visitors a taste of Bess Truman’s recipes and the delicious stories behind them.
- CHRISTMAS ON THE FRONT – 11AM-3PM Living History volunteers will be on site to bring life to WWI artifacts and topics that inspire thought, dialogue and learning.
- KANSAS CITY SYMPHONY _ HOLIDAY EVENTS – Helzberg Hall, The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets purchased online.
- THE BARN PLAYERS PRESENT THE ANNUAL 6 X 10 PLAY FESTIVAL - Three day festival features six original plays by local playwrights, each approximately 10 minutes long. 6219 Martway, Mission, Ks. For names of plays, playwrights, and ticket info, call 913-432-9100
- KANSAS CITY WOMEN’S CHORUS WINTER WISHES CONCERT - Brings you the season's greetings and winter wishes from a variety of vaultures and musical styles.
- THE NUTCRACKER – Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Magnificent sets, costumes, and acoustics bring Tchaikovsky’s Christmas classic to life! Purchase tickets early for this spellbinding family tradition
- ICE SKATING AT PARK PLACE Johnson County’s only outdoor ice rink, 117th St. and Nall Avenue. Don’t have skates? No worries, rental are affordable! Warm frozen fingers and toes by stopping into Ingredients, right next door, for a cup of hot cocoa.
- HANDEL’S MESSIAH. What holiday would be complete without the Hallelujah Chorus of Handel’s Messiah? 250 voices combine to continue this exquisite 96 year tradition. Ticket information in link
- KANSAS CITY SYMPHONY’S HOLIDAY CONCERT The Symphony’s Chorus presents stunning songs of the season, Christmas carols, and much more. Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. 1601 Broadway, KCMO For info click on link or call 816-994-7200
- SANTA’S GINGERBREAD STATION at Crown Center. Fun for the children, not only seeing Santa, but exploring and climbing aboard the Crown Center Express Train Engine and enjoy the Gingerbread Village.
- KANSAS CITY REPORTORY THEATRE’S “A CHRISTMAS CAROL” An annual tradition for 48 years, this is one of KC’s oldest holiday performances. A must for the entire family! Performances through December 26th.
- LONGBRANCH CHRISTMAS TREE FARM Grab the kiddos, don your winter garb, and come to one of the area’s most popular places during the holiday season. Hay rides, face paiting, yummy treats, a warming barn, and mountains of fresh greenery to beautify your home. Details and directions: 913-441-5990
- CHRISTMAS AT RESURRECTION: A family advent night and childrens choir musical WRAPPING ALL THE WAY! Plus the Tradition of: Christmas at Resurrection: it feature more than 300 actors, singers, dancers and instrumentalists in a celebration of Christmas and the depiction of the traditional Christmas story!
- LONGVIEW LAKE’S ‘CHRISTMAS IN THE PARK’ Make sure your gas tank is full, then drive out to Longview Lake for a spectacular tour through miles of animated lights and giant illuminated displays! A sensational winter wonderland! Sundown each day through Dec 31st.
- BOWFIRE – HOLIDAY HEARTSTRINGS at Yardley Hall, Johnson County Community College, 12345 College Blvd., 8 pm. This celebration mixes great hits of the holidays with a twist! Some of the world’s greatest fiddlers and violinists play everything from jazz to classical to rock, with step dancing thrown in also! For tickets and info: call 913-469-4445 or visit www.jccc.edu/theseries
- GingerBread Houses on Display at Union Station! you get to vote on which is the best!! www.unionstation.org
- KANSAS CITY JAZZ ORCHESTRA This Grammy-nominated vocalist, who rose to prominance in the 1990’s while singing in KC Jazz clubs, teams with the KC Jazz Orchestra for an unexpected evening of heartfelt sophistication. Kauffman Center. For tickets and more info: 816-994-7200 or kauffmancenter.org
- HOTEL NIGHTCLUB’S WINTER PARTY 1300 Grand Blvd. KCMO Music, art, fashion and five star service come together to create a luxurious environment set to redefine Kansas City’s nightlife. For VIP table reservations call 816-226-3232