Preparing The Home For A Showing
Preparing Your Home for a Showing: Tips to Keep in Mind
Now that you have finished the Staging Process - ready to show your home! Tips to have you finalize prior to the showing!
- Turn all lights and lamps on. A bright home will look larger. Save electricity by putting lights on timers & using LED light bulbs.
- Open all curtains and blinds.
- Turn on soft easy listening music. (May be on TV)
- Close toilet seat lids.
- Hide wastebaskets in a cabinet or closet. If visual, be sure it is empty.
- Close garage doors and leave driveway or carport free of vehicles.
- Leave the house so the buyers have time to fall in love with the house.
- put kids toys in closets or baskets
- 2/3rd full shows adequate and room for growth
- Leave as much visual floor space as possible
- Remaining items should be organized
- Linens should only be in linen closet
- Hide sight and smell evidence (including pet bowls)
- Ideally pets should be out of house during showings
- Make sure the yard is clean from the pet - buyers do walk around the yard
- Remove all toiletry items and soap from showers
- Hide trash cans
- Hang decorative new or like new towels on rods
- Remove all items from counter except one decorative collection on windowsills
- clean off refrigerators of magnets, kids art, to do lists, etc