Home Staging Recommendations
These are a few tips to service as suggestions when getting your home ready to show!
- turn all lights and lamps on. A bright home will look larger. Save electricity by putting lamps on LED bulbs
- Open all curtains and blinds
- turn on soft easy listening music
- close all toilet lids
- hide wastebaskets in a cabinet or closet. If visual - make sure it is empty!
- Close garage doors and leave driveway or carport free of vehicles
- leave the house so the buyers have time to fall in love with your home
- be sure the temperature is comfortable throughout the entire home: winter & summer!
- leave them 2/3's full - shows adequate and room for growth
- leave as much visual floor space as possible
- remaining items should be organized according to color and similar shapes/content
- hide sight and smell evidence
- hide pet bowls & toys
- ideally pets should be out of house during showings
- Hang decorative new towels on rods as shown when we discussed staging
- clean regularly!
- clean sinks, mirrors after each use
- close toilet lids
- remove all items from counters except one decorative colltion in corner
- remove everything from refrigerator
- don't have towels hanging from stove, refrigerator or dishwasher
- clean the front of all applainces regularly!
- put all magazines and newspapers away or discard. Out of sight
- have accent pillows on couch or love seat
- move any coat rack to garage area - out of sight!
- have small decorative rug at entrance.