How To Get A Home Ready to Show in 10 minutes!
Getting Your Home Ready To Sell
We all know that First Impression is so important! I always let my Kansas City sellers know that you have about 15 seconds to make the first impression a lasting impression. Your Kansas City home has to be inviting to peak the buyer's interest to want to see more! Today it's so important to have your home in show ready condition when the potential buyer walks through your home!
When you get the call that a showing on your home has been scheduled, what should you do before you leave the house? You have already done the heavy-duty cleaning, decluttering & home staging. Now what? Don't panic! Here are just a few quick tips that will help you get your Kansas City home for sale its best first impression for the potential buyers for each and every showing.
- Vacuum key areas to make it look model ready!
- Clean all kitchen counters, sinks, to make them shine and put any dishes into the dishwasher.
- Make sure all beds are made and clothes are hung up or put away.
- Put away all children’s toys and make sure all pet toys are gathered into a basket.
- Put all laundry in the clothes hamper or into the washer.
- Wipe down all bathroom sinks, mirrors, and countertops so they sparkle; and be sure all personal items are put away.
- Be sure all newspapers, magazines, etc. are put into the recycle bin, and that all personal mail is put away.
- Open all shades, blinds, and draperies to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Turn on key lights throughout the house.
- Clean the glass on the front door, patio door and storm doors to remove any fingerprints, smudges, etc. for a great first impression as the client approaches your home.
Clean the glass on the front door, patio door and storm doors to remove any fingerprints, smudges, etc. for a great first impression as the client approaches your home.
Remember you do not Show a home the way that you Live in it. If you keep it picked up regularly - so when the call comes in. It's much easier! These tips will help you make the best first impression possible and help the potential buyers want to make your home their very own! To an offer and a SOLD sign!
We also have an ebook on 450 ideas to help you get your home ready to sell! Our goal is to help our clients think through the process and put together a strategy that would work for them. In today's market where competition can be fierce, we need to consider the home maintenance, staging strategies & more because selling your home in Johnson County is important to both of us! We want you to consider all options!